View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 06:43 AM   #52
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC's GREATEST ATHLETE III - Game Mechanics

Couple more quick notes for game play.

Effort Points & Fatigue
As I mentioned in the initial Game Mechanics write up, each of you will receive effort points that you can assign to each dice roll in order to use the all out column on your player card. However, I've decided to add some additional strategy to this by allowing you to go over the number of effort points assigned, with the understanding that fatigue penalties will be applied from that point forward. Moreover, the penalties are cumulative, so the more you go over the more fatigue you will experience. (If you are thinking of going over on the 1500 just because the penalties will not have time to impact you, you are welcome to try it and see…)

Injuries & Fatigue
Also, I mentioned that I would be letting you know basic probabilities for jump/throw/event improvements with each attempt, however, I think it is important to understand that my explanations to you will not factor in fatigue or injury penalties. Like in real life, an athlete knows he’s not 100%, so he doesn’t expect a personal best, he doesn’t know how off he is, and I’m not going to flat out tell you how much you are being impacted.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote