View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 07:30 AM   #259
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Once again I repeat my recommendation of the candidate matching quiz at
ISideWith.com

No matter who you back, no matter what your leanings, it'd be really hard not to come away from it better informed if you: answer the expanded questions, use the "other answers" options to provide more nuanced replies and then actually look at the detailed summary of why your score for a candidate was what it was.

Things I learned today from a rescoring?
-- Trump lands 13th of 15 GOP candidates ... due to having so many items without an attributed position. That matches up perfectly with my comment earlier in the week (elsewhere) that I'm not convinced he has the portfolio to be a top choice. It can change, but it isn't there for me right now.

-- Walker took a big jump upwards in my match score ... but in the details I see his flag Tweet (supporting Haley in SC). That means he's effectively eliminated from getting a primary vote for me. He might still have a chance at a hypothetical vote in November but that means he's all but eliminated himself in the primary barring some really unusual combination of candidates by the time I vote.

Note: those points are meant to be illustrations of what I think can be taken away from the quiz, they aren't meant to be enormously political statements