View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 02:44 PM   #91
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Event 1 – 100 Meters - Heat 1

The runners are taking their places. The starter issues his set order…the gun fires and…

Oh my! Babson is out quickly – like he was shot out of a gun. The quick start appears to have caught Honcho in the lane next to him by surprise and he stumbles on his start. That’s going to really hurt.

As we approach the midway point of the race, Babson is really striding out and starting to pull away from the field, this is going to be a very fast time for him. Ketola, easily in second is trying to real in Babson, while Jordan and Rambis Jr battle for third with Nielsen hot on their heals. Mighty is in 6th, with Schalowsky next and Honcho still trying to recover from his stumble.

As Babson heads into the finish, Ketola appears to have second locked up, and Jordan is starting to edge out ahead of the others for 3rd. Nielsen, Rambis Jr, and not Mighty are tight for 4th, and Honcho has caught Schalowsky.

Babson wins…and Ketola is second.
Jordan takes 3rd.
The rest come to the line tightly bunched, Honcho is closing hard, but will he have enough room to catch the pack…

It’s extremely close, but it appears that Honcho didn’t quite catch the pack, and that Mighty appears about a half a step behind Nielsen and Rambis Jr…but I can’t tell with my naked eye who got 4th. We will have to wait on the photo finish and the official results. Schaplowsky as predicted brought up the rear a good ways back…

The official results are in:

Babson – 9.95
Ketola – 10.25
Jordan – 10.4
Rambis Jr. – 10.55
Nielsen – 10.6
Mighty – 10.7
Honcho – 10.8
Schaplowsky – 11.15

Well that certainly didn’t go according to the script…Honcho’s early stumble was a killer, probably cost him half a second, and Babson going sub 10 is HUGE…we’ll get into this more in the event review when we have more time. Right now it’s time to get the second heat into the starting blocks.

Last edited by Breeze : 07-23-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote