View Single Post
Old 07-25-2015, 08:08 AM   #6
BYU 14
Coordinator

One thing I hope helps this season is hiring two new coordinators. Not only were the two I let go mediocre at best, but they both had the personalities of Bobby Knight with a bad case of hemorrhoids. Recruits constantly commented that they did not like them, right before telling me they were selecting powerhouses like Tulsa and UNLV over BYU.

To remedy that I bring in Bart McGriff to run the offense and Archie Bernard to run the defense. Archie is a veteran who is terrific at play calling and congeniality, while being fair (DLine), poor (LB) and good (secondary) at position groups.

McGriff is only 29 but has 5 years experience in the run and shoot and is very good at play calling and has good congeniality. For development he is pretty good at QB, lousy at RB, terrible at WR, but terrific at o-line and kickers.

Our schedule is not as daunting this year (on purpose) with our tough games all on the second half. Hopefully this allows the team time to get some confidence and the goal this year will be to at least be bowl eligible.

Schedule
East Carolina
Rice
at Air Force #
at Rutgers
Wyoming #
at San Diego St #
Notre Dame (13)
UNLV #
at New Mexico #
at Colorado St (43) #
Utah (24) #