View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 12:38 PM   #291
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrew View Post
That the RNC is limiting the debate to 10 candidates based on poll numbers (!) at this point is an absolute travesty of democracy. Poll numbers at this point mean precisely jack, save for pure name recognition and celebrity.

Eh, even with my #1 guy almost certainly on the outside looking in, it's a practical reality. There's only so much TV time, only so many people that will fit on a stage, only so many people that can be comprehended in one event.

What [might] happen is that the bottom of the ten will effectively eliminate themselves with a poor or even non-existent showing in the main debate while a breakout star of the secondary event could propel themselves at least into the top ten.

Honestly though, at this point, if you're running at the 2% mark or lower (which is roughly where the cutoff seems likely to be) your chances of being relevant to the overall discussion are extremely low anyway.

edit to add: fwiw, I shared that story because I knew there was some sort of cutoff but until reading that article I didn't know exactly what it was nor how it would be determined. Figured I might not be the only person who didn't know the details.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-27-2015 at 12:39 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote