View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 08:01 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst View Post
are your neighborhoods/suburbs essentially connected via highways and mass transit only? For some reason, i tend toward the dense urban citybuilding but may try to build a suburb if they're viable.

Yeah that main highway you see in a lot of the photos goes in a circle all the way through the entire city/county. So the suburbs both out in the distance and adjacent to the city all have access via the highway and it's pretty much how I'm building those places.

I inherited the central city map for the most part, it's the sprawl that I'm responsible for and the highway already existing makes it a lot easier to do. This game makes it so much easier to do than past city builders because the map is just integrated and you can create districts at will.

And yeah, I expanded subway access pretty substantially when I took things over. There was not much infrastructure for that when I started, but we have buses and subway lines all over the area now. When I started less than 100 people a day were taking buses and subways combined. Now? We're at about 16000 a day and counting.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-29-2015 at 08:02 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote