View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 11:59 PM   #17
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

2023 RECAP: 79-83 (2ND IN THE AL CENTRAL)
The first season in Churchill for the Blue Collars was not as predicted. Publicly, the team looked like it had all of the goods to contend and for a while, they were going to. But injuries took their tool and the team wasn't able to rebound. While it was disappointing, for the team that used to be the Tampa Bay Rays, this was a step forward into a market with fans who actually showed up to games and cared about their new team that they'd wanted to get for so long.

WHO WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS YEAR:
2B Avery Romero (2.6 WAR)
RF Grant Burton (6.3 WAR)

OFFSEASON SETUP
As I've outlined before, my goal here is to really get through some seasons. I want to immerse myself into this franchise without resorting to simply simming and playing God mode. So instead, I'm going to reboot my fast-sim style of play from my old FOOL/SLOP setups and what we'll do is just restrict the numbers of moves I can make in a given year.

Since my goal is sim 25 seasons which does not include the past season since it was me getting things setup and really getting a sense of the league, etc., I'm going to institute a few house rules to keep things simple. I don't really like playing with a lot of constraints because it makes things unnecessarily onerous but I do want to be 1) brisk and 2) not allowed myself to get mired in a ton of details right now.

- 25 years, 25 moves.
What this means effectively is that I can make 25 transactions over the next 25 years. This is just trades and/or free agents, not anything else like having to release guys or whatever because it starts to get impractical. This is just to keep me from going crazy. It also institutes constraints without it being insane. This also includes signing my own guys for now, it'll probably piss me off down the road if there's a guy I really want to keep but can't because I'm out of moves, but maybe that'll make the story better for you to read.

So that's the only house rule for now. 25 moves and I have to document each one of those moves for you.

I'll recap each pre-season with an overview of the team and then I'll produce an off-season report too. That's basically it. I don't want to get mired in slow stuff because with OOTP it's easy to end up spending hours researching Russian names even though you don't even have any fucking Russians. It's insane.

Let's get to work.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote