View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #179
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I've known it's been around, I've rarely seen it. Suddenly every "push" I get from them on social media is stuff that I have exactly zero interest in (and that's being generous), rarely a sports related article directed to my attention for the past several weeks.

That has almost surely colored my perception of what they're doing and in what ratio. And perception is an enormous driver for virtually all media, they may not have changed one single thing but my perception of them has gone from probably 70% positive to probably 90% negative in a matter of weeks.
Well then stop caring what they do on social media and use this - The Triangle « - as your link to it. (Although they do some good features too.) I mean I agree it's gotten a little more pop culture than I'd like (hate on Simmons all you want, but back when he wrote he certainly put out sports-related articles that were worth reading), but they do a very good job delineating Sports/Pop Culture. Especially compared to, say, ESPN.com, which I've been back to maybe like 3 times since the redesign.

(Seriously, for anyone who doesn't have it or something similar, I can't recommend TheScore app highly enough. It legitimately just gives scores, and standings, and stats.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote