View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #27
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Shift #6

My second visitor of the day is a nice young lady who offers me another Pink Vice business card, but then says 'please help me' after she is approved, handing me a note ... in short, she wants me to deny entry to a Dani Ludum, she says she is afraid he will force her to work in a brothel. You're freaking soliticing for one!! Besides which, I'm an immigration officer not a policeman.

The day is going reasonably well, just slow, when I get cited for not double-checking gender, followed by the latest visit for Jorji:

"Old friend hello! I am back again! This time everything set."

Believe it or not, his passport looks legitimate this time. I ask him for the entry permit ...

"Oh man you funny guy!"

Yeah well, Mr. funny guy is giving you a 'Denied' for the third time. There's a pattern developing here ...

"Wow, you run very strict border here. That is good, do job right. I look for entry thing and come back."

Dari Ludum is next, he is a citizen and his ID is in order, I have no grounds to deny him. Then the day is finished up with a photo that doesn't quite match, I miss that as well. Second citation on a slow day -- this is not good. A suicide bomber just after the bell takes out three guards, shouting 'For Kolechia'! At this rate, I'm not going to survive long either way, and we'll be back at war before you know it.

Statement

Savings -- 0
Salary(6) -- 30
Rent -- -25
Food -- NA
Heat -- NA
Upgrade Booth -- -5

Balance -- 0

Everyone is cold, and going to get colder as I have no money for food or heat. I was just too slow today and add to that a pair of citations ... bad day at the office.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote