View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:29 PM   #31
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Shift #7

Naturally it was a Kolechian, Alexa Steiner, who was first up on this day. This gave me an opportunity to lie for my glorious Astrotzka. "You have been selected for a random search. Face the scanner." Nothing random about of us course, we're just profiling Kolechians, don't mind us. Turns out she wasn't hiding anything though. Next I detained a middle-aged lady from Obristan whose alias could not be verified. And on it went.

A while later another Kolechian tried to sneak drugs across the border. A 'random search' from the scanner sees all. "You have made a mistake coming here." The men with guns came once again, and hauled him off. The prisons must be getting full at this rate.

I did get cited for a case of gender not matching, but a couple people with expired documents and lame excuses(busy, 'typographical error' -- yeah, right) helped pick up the pace after what had been a very slow start with trying to get used to the scanner. Another Kolechian tried to sneak contraband in, and insisted:

"Oh? Slow down my friend. I have only harmless medicine. I give you 10 credits to let me in."

"You cannot bribe an officer of Astrotzka."(At least without more to offer than that)

"They must pay well for such obedience, dog."

No they don't. Really, they don't.

The day might have been decent even, except I screwed up the last two applicants. The last was a Kolechian who I forgot to search. Just tired and absent-minded, but I earned myself a lovely 5-credit fine. That pretty much put the nails in the coffin, so to speak.

Statement

Savings -- 0
Salary(6) -- 30

Penalties -- -5
Rent -- -25
Food -- -20
Heat -- -10
Medicine(Son) -- -5

Balance -- 0

Everyone is cold and hungry, and my son is sick as well. There isn't a thing I can do about this, and we'll all go another night without any of the essentials other than a roof over our heads.

Really, the firing squads might as well come shoot us now. It would be more humane.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote