View Single Post
Old 08-16-2015, 08:43 AM   #2360
Warhammer
Pro Starter

This is for iPad/PC, but I've been playing on the iPad exclusively is Desktop Dungeons. It's $10 on the App Store, but I have sunk nearly a month straight of playing it, of course my PC dying in the same timeframe didn't hurt.

It is a rogue-like playable in 20 mins. Each dungeon has its own traits and bosses, some are completely random. There are 8 races and 16 normal classes then an additional 4 monster classes. Each race has its own special ability based upon converting/sacrificing items. Then each class has 3 abilities. The unique take this game has is unexplored areas are a resource. For every unexplored tile you reveal you gain health and mana, but damaged monsters also heal. Finally, there are altars in the game. Each god has its own code of conduct, follow it and you are rewarded with piety which you can use for boons, if you don't you can be punished. You can also convert if you wish from one to another.

In addition to the dungeons there are quests which unlock things, items, potions, and buildings for your kingdom (which unlock classes and races).

So a boss fight might consist of using strength prior to each strike, when health gets low, down a potion or two, continue fighting, desecrate another god's altar for piety , grab a boon from your god, cast first strike and kill the boss.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote