View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 06:09 PM   #45
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Shift #11

I took a closer look at the EZIC 'papers' before the day started. I have two of them, and one has holes at the top, the other a few dots. After a bit I discovered they fit over each other to reveal two names if positioned correctly. One is Stephani Graire, the other Mikhail Saratov. Perhaps these are the names of their agents I'm supposed to be looking for?

I'm not really sure why I even cared to look, but it's driving me nuts that these people insist on involving me in their ... whatever it is they are trying to do.

First up, I spend way too much time on a woman from Antegria -- and still manage to incorrectly examine the seal, which is forged. Fantastic. Another citation. Then Jorgi is back ...

"Hello my guy! Okay, today is day! Look at all good papers. Was not easy. Or cheap! Haha!"

Do shut up. However, he did finally manage to get everything right, and passage is approved.

"All right, you the best! Arstotzka the best! Here, take this"

He hands me what appears to be a metallic medal of some kind. Um, ok. It's after 9 already though. Need to get this line moving. Smashing my thumb not once but twice on the approval stamper with the next applicant doesn't improve my mood any.

The guard Calensk enters next. Time for my 'bonus'?

"Good morning. You detained 5 people. Bonus is good, they pay ok."

He hands me $5, which is only half of the promised amount.

"This is not enough."

"Yes, I know. My wife is sick now, neighbor spreads the flu."

Life is rough all over, but where's my money?

"This is what is left after medicine. I give you rest next time. Maybe you detain more people to make it easier."

Maybe you shut up more and get out of my face. Yeah, I'm in a foul mood today. Arstotzka is so incompetent, we can't even do bribery properly.

In the afternoon, a man is rejected for not having an entry permit, and informs me that 'The Order knows'. Knows what?

After yet another citation(photo discrepancy), another shadowy figure has a written message:

"First agent was denied. Another will come in three days. Do not make same mistake twice."

LEAVE. ME. ALONE!!

Annoyed, I fail to notice that the last person today had different last names on their documents. That's citation #3 of the day, and a 5-dollar fine. Argebargle.

Statement

The EZIC are now bothering us at home! They bring a gift ... of a thousand dollars! That would put us on easy street, but is too risky. I burn the money, sadly.

Savings: 60
Salary(7): 35
Penalties: -5
Bribes: 5

Rent: -25
Food: NA
Heat: -10
EZIC Gift: NA
Booth Upgrade: -5

Balance: 55

With such a lousy day and everyone in good health, we'll have to go hungry again.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote