View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I was searching on teams that don't have retired numbers and looking at team history to see if anyone merits the recognition that the game neglected (you know some teams are more relaxed about this than others..so making it more subjective.)

And I ran across Dwayne Wade of the Indiana Racers. I remember him for obvious reasons, he had that name -- I did not name him, he came this way -- and he was an Indianapolis native and so, I thought it was the neatest story.

But I stopped paying attention and because of how I sim, I stopped noticing and I have no idea what happened to him. He literally was out of baseball by 28 and the game retired him, not me. It's one of the strangest OOTP cases I've ever seen of a guy completely falling off the map and then being done before age 30.

I did retire his number this year because he's legitimately a Hall of Famer if his career hadn't ended so prematurely. I have noooo clue what happened. It's seriously in all of my years of OOTPing an interesting story. I thought maybe I wrote about him somewhere in this thread but nope.

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote