View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 04:15 PM   #13
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Carrying on, just finished 2152 and noticed there has only been ONE pitching triple crown in 352 seasons. Just one. (2126, Jeremy Angeles)

It led me to look at some other strange factoids historically or just how many occurrences of certain feats.

There have been 26 hitters who have notched hitting Triple Crowns, but mostly it's been done by the same guy multiple times. The most recent was in 2152 by Brattleboro's Mark Weston, the first in 37 seasons it'd been done. Immortal Joe Peters did it four times (2046, '49, '55, '59)

Someone has hit 50+ home runs 178 times across the history of the league.

There have been 651 no-hitters in league history. 56 of them have been perfect games. There have been 7 perfect games since the 2100 season.

The cycle has been hit for 1136 times.

There's no easy way to count rings in OOTP, but I got curious to see how many rings guys had won. You have to search manually. But looking at teams that have won titles, if there any dynasties, you can at least get a sense of guys who have won multiples across the board. This is relevant because my Brattleboro team reeled off four titles in six years and a few of their guys have gone elsewhere to win other titles, so I've got a very Boston Celtics situation with guys who have won 5 ore more rings.

So I'm going to check around the league and see historically some of the people -- it won't be exhaustive -- who have won 4 or more rings throughout history in the different eras, focusing primarily on major contributors to those teams, not just guys who might have happened to be in the right place at the right time (1 AB or something terrible) to win unless there's a good story.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote