View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 12:31 PM   #732
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
You clearly aren't as familiar with the immunization schedule as you imply with all this research you have read. There are normal appointments every 3 months until a kid reaches 1 year and then every 6 months or yearly. The delay might take a non-life threatening vaccine and move it from an already scheduled 1 year visit to 2 year or an already scheduled 9 month to 1 year. Not creating any more appointments. So sorry that one doesn't work either. Maybe my doctor isn't pandering but just being a good guy and finding an easy solution to a problem some infants have?

Your response was so predictable that I already had mine written down.

The public health issue is that lots of parents don't bring their children in for regular visits, so immunizations are bundled to get the most benefit for society. For the parents that regularly see the doctor, society will get the same benefit if they are spaced out. Remember, vaccine schedules are about societal protection, not an individual child's protection.