Thread: 2015 NFL Week 3
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 12:11 AM   #159
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
The best way to get revenge, and I guarantee you everyone in that New England organization agrees, is to hoist another Lombardi Trophy.

Beating Jacksonville 44-17 or 51-17 makes no difference. No one cares who sets points records. The team that held the single-season points record for almost a decade before the 2007 Patriots squad didn't even make the Super Bowl. Despite the incessant commercials, fantasy football still doesn't win games for teams.

I think we can agree New England has a much better chance of repeating if Tom Brady stays healthy. And, if not, it's better if Jimmy Garoppolo gets a few more snaps here and there anyway.

Exactly. one stupid ass goofy play in a 40 point blowout and that pissed off coach and pissed off fan base will be screwed.

Either Brady or Gronk go down and the Patriots are simply not the favorites to win the Super Bowl. If all the Patriots needed was cheating allegations to win, they would have won about 10 straight Super Bowls as they have been around for a long, long time.

Simply put, the Patriots with a healthy Brady and Gronk are the best team in the AFC right now and I'm not sure it's real close. But they better stay really pissed off, because if that offense has an off game in the playoffs, they will not win a title. It isn't nearly as good as it was last year. That will come back to hurt them if the O has a bad day at the office in January.

If they do win, it will be because they are the best team in the league. . . . not because of any anger at how they have been treated. That BS only goes so far. The Patriots didn't go without a title for as long as they did because they stopped paying attention to details and stopped being angry., They didn't win because they weren't the best team, had some unlucky injuries, had a few horrible calls go against them and played a couple of better teams.

If they don't win this year it will be one of those reasons. Nothing more, nothing less.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote