View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 07:50 AM   #109
Butter
Coordinator

Sept. 18-20

On Friday night after we get back from our trip to Louisville for the Clemson-Louisville game, I settle down for that same $2 6:45 PM multi-table tournament.

I get up to about 4300 before this hand, where I get AA on the button with blinds at 100/200. I get the dream scenario, where I have a raise and a caller before it gets to me. I re-raise to 1800. I get 2 callers to the flop, which is K99. A little scary, but I press on. One bettor goes all in with their last 300. I re-raise enough to put other guy all-in, and HE calls also.

Turns out I'm up against JTh and 66. 66 was REAL optimistic. JT has at least a gutshot, but the final 2 cards are a 2 and a 3, so I bust the 11k chip mark.

Then, I start stealing. A lot. The table is tight, so I make the most of it. I end up doubling my stack with a lot of small wins, up to 22k.

I straight up take a pot from someone, as cutoff raises to 800 with blinds at 200/400. I had 39d in the small blind. Board comes with a bunch of scare cards, I bet out on it and win.

With 29k in chips, I get QQ UTG. I raise to 2200 with blinds at 250/500. SB calls me. Flop is Q6J, 2 spades. I hope to check raise, but nothing doing. Turn is an Ace of spades, SB bets 1k, and I call. SB bets 1k on the river, which is a 4h, a blank. I raise to 5k. He calls and mucks 2 of a kind, A6o.

That puts me into the tournament chip lead at nearly 39k.

Unfortunately, I gave 7k of it back overplaying A5o against a K44 board vs. someone who has a pocket pair. I end up all in because of math, but lose.

With blinds at 1000/2000, and us just into the money (45 places pay), I get J5c in the BB. One caller around to me. Cutoff bets 4k on the flop of A9K, with the AK being of clubs. I have the 2nd nut flush draw, and call. Turn is a Jack of diamonds. I call another 4k bet. River is a 2c, making my flush. I put Cutoff in position to call for his tournament life, another 7300 chips. He calls, I win with the flush, and he mucks a single pair. He's out in 33rd place, and I double up to over 43k chips.

I lose half my stack with AQo vs. 9Ts when the board comes QJ8 on the flop and flops him a straight. Back to 23k with under 18 players left. I claw gradually back up over 40k.

Big stack is to my left, and he tries to steal my blind a bit later. I decide to call his shove with my KJd, and win when a K comes on the board vs. his T7o. I get to over 92k chips.

I make it to the final table with 89k chips, and am the 5th largest stack. I hang around, and survive another couple of places. With a stack of 69k and blinds at 3500/7000, and the table at 5-handed, I decide to try to steal the blinds with a shove with K9d. I am called by KTs, and the board is no help to either of us, so I lose out-kicked to KTs. I probably could've survived another spot, which would've been another $20.

But as it is, I finish 5th, and make $43.23 my best showing by far in one of these tournaments.