View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 09:23 AM   #112
Butter
Coordinator

Oct. 1
Start: $157.69

Fired up a $3 Omaha Triple-Up SNG... never got anything going there. Won a couple of small pots but not the couple of big ones that knocked me out far from the money in 6th.

Then I sat at some cash tables for a bit. PL Omaha Hi/Lo... a 6 person and 9 person table.

At the 9 person table, I ended up all-in for my $2 eventually with QTTK on a board that had an Ace and a Jack on it. This was not a good move, as I made a big pile of nothing and lost.

At the 6 person table, when I sat with my $2, there was a guy with over $25 at the table.

Hand 2, I get Q524 UTG... I speculate here, as if an Ace comes this is a strong Low hand, especially 6-handed. Big stack raises on the button to .26. 3 players to the flop, which is A9Q, 2 clubs. I have Q5 of clubs. This is not a great flop for a low, but it is for the 2nd nut flush.

Check to the big stack who bets $.76. Player to my right calls, I re-raise all-in, my last $1.69. Both players call, putting player to my right all-in as well.

Turn/River are Kc, 2d. Completing my now nut flush.

Player to my right shows AQ5J, so he flopped 2 pair... but with the strong betting around, he probably should've folded.

Big stack shows JT78, so he was really speculating. Bumps me up to over $5.

Next hand, I win another .70 with AQQJ.

Next, I win another .50 with AQ75 on a board with 2 Aces.

5th hand at the table on the button, I get AKQT, with 3 diamonds. 3 players to the flop, which is J79, 2 diamonds. I have an open ender here, and a nut flush draw. I bet the pot, .25. SB raises to .97. I call. Turn is 8h, making my straight. I bet $1.09 and get called. River is Ac, pretty much a blank as far as this board goes. I bet $1.56 and get called. SB had 7892, so he had the dreaded 3-pair.

I am up to nearly $10 with that win.

A bit later, I'm back down to $9. I get TKJ6 unsuited in the BB. Big stack raises to .21, and we get 4 callers to the flop.

KK5. I check, and UTG bets out for .84. I just call and there are only 2 players left.

Turn is the full-house making 6d. I bet the pot, $2.52. I get called. River is Qc. I am slightly afraid of KQ here, but 6 handed I am less afraid of it. I push all-in hoping this guy is married to his hand. He is not. I take it down, pushing up to $12.58.

Nothing else of note happens at this table, and I leave it holding $11.66, profit of $9.66 at this table.

Sadly, 2 other 6-max tables I open up I go broke at. At one, I hold A2T5, with T5 of clubs. I bet strong with a flop of 6J8, 2 clubs. I lose my $2 when the low doesn't make, and the flush does but the caller has a Queen-high one.

At another table, I re-raise pre-flop with AA96, double suited. End up all-in, and lose to KJT8 when the board comes Q54TK, 2 pair.

At another able, I end up leaving with just $1.12 of my original $2. So all of those eat into my $9.66 in profit from the crazy table.

I decide to take another stab at Zone Poker for some reason, because the football game I'm watching isn't quite over yet, but I'm tired of going broke at Omaha.

Zone Poker if you recall, is a 6-handed NLHE cash game where once you fold a hand, it immediately places you at another table with other players to play another hand. It's like Turbo on steroids.

Blinds are .02/.05, and you can literally play several hands a minute.

Minimum to start at these stakes is $2.50. I'm in.

3rd hand, I get KQs in the SB. I call a small bet when the flop is A2T with 2 spades. I net .70 when I bet a spade on the river and it goes uncalled.

9th hand, I get AJ in the BB. I call a 10 cent raise. Flop is J3Q... checked around. Turn is Ah. I bet .25, 2 callers. River is Ks. I fear a Ten, but I win the showdown for another 80 cents.

Starting with Hand 12, I win like 6 of 9 hands by just raising pre-flop. One hand I get called, but bet holding JTc when the flop is 966 and take down .30.

So, I'm up to over $4.50 when this last hand takes place... I am feeling my oats with being the bully. I raise UTG with QTh... 3 callers to the flop of T33. I've got top pair here. I bet out .68. I get 2 callers, and at this point I should've put the brakes on.

But I don't, as the turn is a Q. I now have 2 pair and decide to bet again, another .71. 2 players call... and at this point I do too for another .96. BB goes all-in on the river blank of a 5. I call like a moron, and see him turn over TT for a flopped full house. Mistake here was not putting on the brakes when there were 2 callers on that board. Other player who also was all in had K3, so he beat me too.

Well, shit. Now I'm down for the evening after having won nearly $10 at a single cash table.

Stupidly, I decide to go back to Zone Poker but at HIGHER STAKES. .05/.10 blinds, minimum $5 at the table.

3rd hand, I get KK UTG. I raise to .35 and get 2 callers. Flop is K53, 2 diamonds. I slow-play. UTG+1 bets out for .10, 2 callers. Turn is a 9h. I bet .75. One caller to the river with is 5s, making me a full house. I bet $1.02, which goes uncalled. Up $1.25 already.

I lose .70 when some guy rivers trips to my middle-pair.

7th hand, I get Q9s on the button. I call a raise to 30 cents in position. Flop is A79, 2 diamonds. I get a piece here. I call a .57 bet, hoping to take it away later. Turn is another 9, and now I'm in the driver's seat. I let UTG continue to lead here, he bets 1.50. I just call.

River is 2h. He bets enough to put me all in, and I'm glad to oblige. He shows AKo, and I take down the $10.88 pot.

A few more hands, and I get out while the getting is good and I can be up for the night.

Finish: $160.12
-3.30 in tournaments, +2.78 in Omaha ring games, +2.95 in NLHE Zone Poker

Really feel like I am playing better at NLHE now. I'm not just waiting for the board to hit me to get money in. I am taking small pots with raises in position, sometimes with nothing. I just need to be better at recognizing when I am beaten and minimize my losses, at all levels. I now need to get better at post-flop play, including figuring out when to bluff and when not to.