View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #92
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A lot of you I think seem to like bands that are more indy and off the beaten path than I do, so this stuff may not be to your taste.

But I really enjoy the new Imagine Dragons album Smike + Mirrors (the one that came out earlier this year), which surprises me because it didn't catch me the first time or two through.

I also have really grown to love Mumford and Sons new album Wilder Mind, which got the band a lot of heat for going full production, instead of their trademark acoustic sound.

I am still getting into the swing of Of Monsters and Men's new album Beneath The Skin, but they have a handful of really great tracks on that one. I don't think it's on the same level as their breakthrough My Head Is An Animal, but it's a good listen.

I haven't bought the new Chvrches album Every Open Eye yet, but I have the three tracks they pre-released and I like (but don't love) all of them. Their breakthrough album Bones of What You Believe is currently one of my favorite albums in years, so I'm looking forward to giving the new one a listen (some of their best stuff from the first album were other tracks they didn't release as singles).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 10-12-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote