View Single Post
Old 12-01-2015, 11:13 AM   #308
britrock88
Pro Starter

I didn't fly with your airline over the holiday, but I don't think that's especially relevant. What I wanted to say is that for the fact that it was a holiday, and one where weather can begin to slow/disrupt the network of planes flying across the country, there were tremendously kind and helpful gate agents, pilots, and attendants over this long weekend.

The quick and dirty is that on the way home on Thanksgiving morning,
I had gate agents hold a plane for me in MSP after my first flight had to de-ice for the entire length of my would-be layover. On the way back, a snowstorm was moving through the upper midwest. Still on the ground in CLT, a gate agent announces the delay (based on metering from MSP ATC) and essentially announces that he's monitoring connections and that everyone should be okay because of the metering, yada yada. After he dealt with ~25 passengers, I got up to thank him, mentioned my connecting flight to BIS, and he helpfully let me know that I would be flying the same plane for both legs. And while the planes were taxiing in both CLT and MSP, the pilots and attendants were very thorough in explaining the extra steps the plane was going through and the time impacts involved, and assuaging us about the impacts of them all.

Kudos to PM and all his colleagues. I was happy to give a lot of heartfelt "thank yous" to your kind over the last several days.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote