View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
BYU 14
Coordinator

SOM League of Legends interactive - Sign up

Interested in doing an 8 team draft league (Will go up to 12 if enough sign up) with the latest computer version of Strat-O-Matic Baseball. You would be drafting from a pool of all players in the Hall of fame, ATG's who will soon be eligible or who won't be voted in for crimes real, or perceived against the game (Shoeless Joe, Bonds, Rose, etc) and the 108 greatest players from the Negro Leagues.

I will play all the games out (You can roll a game in 15 minutes or so on the CPU version) and give summaries. I know the biggest issue in Baseball interactive leagues is the time it takes to draft and I think I have a solution to that.

Each team gets a $100 budget and for each round you submit a list of 10 players. Every field position and 2 pitchers and bid a certain amount from your budget on each player. In the event two teams pick the same player, the highest bid wins.

If you win a player(s) in the bidding draft, that money is deducted from your total account and the next round starts. Since there are over 429 players to choose from and you can win multiple players each round it should go fast.

Players are rated on their 7 best seasons

Example of a bid sheet:
C - Josh Gibson $9
1B - Lou Gehrig $7
2B - Nellie Fox $4
3B - Brooks Robinson $3

and so on. Doing it this way we should fill up teams in 3-4 rounds and can get going. Will play a season of 60 to 70 games depending on the number of teams.

If interested I need your team name and ballpark. The parks available for this league are all vintage parks.

Yankee Stadium
Fenway Park
Comiskey Park
Shibe Park
Baker Bowl
League Park
Sportsman's Park
Griffith Stadium
Sicks Field
Braves Field
Ebbet's Field
Crosley Field
Forbe's Field
Polo Grounds
Colts Stadium
Memorial Coliseum

Last edited by BYU 14 : 12-05-2015 at 12:23 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote