View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 04:02 PM   #322
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
An interesting boneyard, too.

And it's been an interesting year (almost) following along with you, too. Thanks for the knowledge and insight you've shared!

Thanks britrock, I've enjoyed it too. I'm looking forward to being able to take a break from the writing, but I think that I may still update it from time to time, or if something occurs to me that I want to point out. It's still going to be here as a forum for questions too. I feel good about how it all turned out.

Today is a busy night. It's a piano recital for one and a band concert for another one. They happen about 30 minutes apart and a it's 40 minute drive in between. That means that we have to split up. I'm planning on being late for the band concert. The piano recital should happen pretty fast, and his teacher knows we need to leave quickly so he is going 3rd tonight. It also might be the last Christmas recital for him too, as his love of piano, after 4 years just isn't taking off. Sigh. That's a hard one for me to swallow. I really wanted to see him continue, and I'm proud of the way that he plays.

So this starts the crazy weekend. Tomorrow will be the end of school for the year, and that's our family movie night. Saturday we are supposed to go to Dayton to see family and exchange presents there. But that's kind of up in the air at this point, due to other family members being difficult.

Sunday is out Christmas Eve. The real part of the day will start around noon when we get ready and head out to go ice skating. That's been a Christmas Eve tradition for years now and the kids really like it, even if none of us is any good. They we'll race home and get cleaned up for church services that night. After the Christmas Eve service we'll all go out for a nice family dinner (also tradition) then drive around and look at lights (another tradition.) I'm sure the excitement will be in the air by then. Everyone will have a present to open (it'll be pajamas) per another tradition and then Monday morning will be our big day.

The day starts off with stockings and then some breakfast. Our breakfast is a brunch style feed yourself. We'll open presents in a couple different rooms, taking turns and having a good time. We'll take breaks and just really enjoy each other and the gifts all morning. When the boys were younger sometimes we'd still be opening gifts as it got dark again.

Tuesday is the 22nd, and that is traditionally known as "play day" around here. Nothing happens at all. It's time relax and enjoy your new toys. Except that this day is a little different. We'll head down to the Newport Levee before noon and have a family lunch and then we'll head to the movie theater for the IMAX 3D matinee showing of The Force Awakens.

Wednesday will be a day to breathe and get caught back up again. I have to get ready and refocused. That night I'll head back out to Newark and get ready for the next trip that starts on the 24th.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote