View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 06:49 PM   #771
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I have now finagled permission to share

I've been a parent for just shy of 18 years now, not sure I've had a better single moment in time than tonight. I'll go to my grave remembering the sound of Will's reaction from two floors away to an email that read in part "We are pleased to offer you admission to the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College at the University of Mississippi"

It is not a done deal, his final decision doesn't have to be made for a bit yet but of all the various acceptances that have been rolling in over the past few weeks, that was the one he wanted most. Naturally, it was among the last to be received ('cause that's how life works).

There's really not anything that I've enjoyed more than seeing my child get not only what his heart desired but even moreso what he's worked so very hard and so very long to achieve. To know that, wherever he ends up, whatever he chooses will be a choice that he makes and that's he's earned that right ... I lack the words.

Not much better that a parent can be able to say than that they are not only proud of what their child does but of who they are.