View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #12
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

#22. Dungeon of the Endless
AMPLITUDE Studios
Rogue-Like Strategy Adventure Thing

I like a game with a lot of depth. I like a game where you an pick it up for a while, and then set it back down again without wondering why it's suddenly gone light outside. I like a game that has a real sense of itself. I like a game with a huge replay ability factor. I like a game that's hard. I like game where you can unlock future crew, weapons, ship designs, and such. I like a game that's fun.

And those are some of the reasons why I like Dungeon of the Endless. While it has perfectly fine sound and throwback graphics and such, the place where this game truly shines is in the mechanics. In the game structure. In the play of he game. You open the door to another room, and then fight something, find resources, build things, and more. And you explore and face danger constantly. Different creatures have different fighting algorithms.

And it's an odd mixture of genres. It has RPG elements, and base design elements and tower defense and exploration and such. Ultimately, I would place it in the Rogue Like genre of games. Numerous classes, RPG feeling, perma death, and other additions make me really confident about that too.

Your space ship breaks up, and pieces of it fall to the ground and crash. You begin with a certainly piece of the ship and a certain character, and can unlock more . You have different areas of a crashed space ship that you can apart in and gives you different aspects of game play:

Deep, compelling, rewarding and fun. And sometimes a bit frustrating (in a good way). That's Dungeon of the Endless

I also loved the trailer too.:

The dog from that trailer was so popular that it was added to the game as a secret character. I like stuff like that in my developers and games. That sort of relationship is hard to find. In fact the top two games in this countdown are going to be ones with incredible relationships between developer and fans. Just as a quick little teaser!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-23-2015 at 07:11 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote