View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 08:22 PM   #42
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Before I get to the top 5 I want to give honorable spout outs to games that were good, were close, and were fun to play, but weren;t Top 25 matieral:

I have a really secret fondness for all things Hidden Object. Anyone following the Hidden Object subgenre of casual games knows just how adventure'y teh genre has become in the last four-five years. I have played more then 300 hidden object games in my life, and currently have, hold on, 23 on my machine. There are a few that really transcend the genre, like Pickers and Settlement: Colossus (my fav of all time). But the adventure/HO game series set in the Bermuda triangle called Hidden Expedition: Devil's Triangle is just a lot of fun.

I also love how so many women play those games that characters are almost unanimously women in the games, which is a nice change of pace from male-dominated video games. Trust me, the first time you play as a women in some major games, (cough KOTOR cough) and you see how ridiculous the gender problems are (they use the male pronoun to refer to you multiple ties despite your gender choice) i't's a nice change.

Special Homage to the Adelenato Trilogy, another high quality management series from the casual world

Endless Space and Endless Legend are fine and fun to play, thanks!

Smugglers 5 deserves a shoutout as another fun one-dev video game.

Princes Evangile for being one of the most interesting and out-of-nowhere really good storyline for a simple little Visual novel

Lords of Xulima is fine, but a bit too old school for my taste, and not refined enough to make the cut. I like my RPGs to know and be inspired by the past, and to not be defined by it. Don't let others define you; let them inspire you. But it's still a fun game.

But by far the closest game to making my list and it was on it for a while, is Card City Nights. I was initially #19, and then fell, and then fell again. It's around #28 or 30 or so in real life. It's a great game with a very fun CCG element that is used to resolve battles in the user-mode. That battle is very simple, but as you win, you acquire more cards and build your own deck.

Cities and Consirtium are good things too. And Elerium is fun if you want a modern game that throwbacks to the old wing Commander series.

Alright, let's move to the top five

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote