View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
PilotMan
Head Coach

Old Computer Disposal/Recycling

Hey guys I've got a great big mess that I need to start sorting through and I really don't know the best way to do it or where to begin. I've got parts, hard disks to break, a couple of old CRT's and about 6 chassis (and components) that need to go. Plus another box of random parts, cards, cords and what have you. Where do I start with this stuff?

I was thinking that I can recycle some of it at the scrapyard, but what? What's the best thing to do with the hard disks? I've been putting off this project for a while, but it's beyond time I free up some of this basement space for other things. Some of these systems are over 15 years old, they really don't have any use any more.

The last one that was being used was an old XP, Core2 1.86. The rest are even older than that. I was thinking of keeping the last one in case I needed to redo my home server, but that's about it. The current server is even lighter than that.

So how can I do this without feeling totally overwhelmed?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote