View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 11:12 AM   #11
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I make Mohamed my Captain an D Sanchez my vice

(In real life, Melilla is currently 18th of 20 this year)

Let’s take a looksee at the rules of the Group 4 in the Segunda B

38 games

Players signed on a free can be registered anytime
5 subs, 3 used
Max 2 GK, 20 outfield, and 22 players on squad. Max of 16 Over 23 players

Top 4 teams qualify for playoffs, 16 team tournament for 4 spots to make it out.

Bottom 4 relegate from each league, and 16th team is placed in relegation tournament

Melilla began in the 3rd division in 1976 after it was reformed. During that time it was 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd and 3rd and ultimately was promoted in 1987. Since then it has never been relegated back down. There have been hot and cold spells, but it’s been in the Segunda B for a long time. It’s time to give it a upgrade

We have 2 GK, 16 Over 23 players already, 5 under and 21 totally – room for one U23 guy.

All but 3 players on the squad are up in one year . We can recast our team as needed.

There are a few amateur and young players that I like and I’d normally approach. But we are close to the radar and I still need staff.

Can I trim any of this fat?

Salary wise, the worst player on my team making good cash is probably Nando. He’s older at 33, we’re paying him 2k/week, he’s a DM and MC, and at a place I have good players already, he has a first team contract deal, and he’s only good with mentals. Nando is my first target of slimming down.

I approach him, and after we have a talk, he agrees to leave. That frees up my roster space and salary enough to chase some young talent.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote