View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 07:06 PM   #38
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Merida game got here quickly. Chupe is starting for a winded Ebwelle and Fatah for Uxio. We owe these guys! Chupe crosses a dangerously deep ball for Cascon beautifully for a goal in the 36th to cap a very slooooooooow half. They answer in extra time and it’s 1-1 at the half. Mahanan lifts a ball downfield and beautifully dangerous to Romero who crosses to Mahmoud a few seconds later for a score in the 53rd. Chupe collects a yellow and I bench him for Ebwelle. A gold card follows for Merida Then another. Hmm. We’re both playing about evenly, this match is still momentum-less. Borja heads in next. We have a chance and an opening. We are currently 1st after this match if results hold, based on current updates. Sufian kicks the ball down the flank well and Cascon gets underneath it, he crosses to a lone Mahmoud over two defenders, and Mahmoud sinks it in the 75th minute of the game to put us to 3-1 . Richi heads in for Sergio Diaz. They launch a cross that’s one of those poorly hit ones that manages to wind up in goal and you can’t defend against in the 87th. Score holds and we win 3-2. Close. Mom is Mahmoud. Well done!

And things held and we moved up to 1st.

With 11 points separating us and 5th place and with five games to go, it’s highly unlikely we’ll be caught and drop from the playoffs . If we win next game, we are ensured. I head in defensive/ Vazquez collects a booking early, and two major thrusts of ours are pushed aside. They have a quick pair of long shots that are off target, and one on turned aside. 0-0 Half. Hmmm… not bad. Away at the #5 team and we are scoreless. We can win this! Just keep on keeping on! I send out Antonio Deiaz due to a banged up Romero, and then Osmar gives the ball to Suarez, on a corner kick(I have Osmar at DC while Diallo is out) and Sanchez fires a long shot, on target, top right corner, and scores. Nicely done. I toss in Anaba on the right side. Then they Bring some heat, and they score in the85th minute and equalize. Yellow card for Sergio Diaz, and we finish 1-1 . That’s a good result.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote