View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 10:51 AM   #2
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Prologue - Assignment (November '38)

"KapitanLuetnant, please enter." I knew what this was about. As a junior officer in the Kriegsmarine, I have participated with valor during the Spanish Civil War. As a result, I was sent to U-Boat training, and expected to receive command of my own boat. (KaptLt is the second level out of five in rank. Rank doesn't have a huge impact on game play. It gives you a better chance of choosing which patrol, instead of having one assigned, and it can help with refit activities.)

"I'm sure you know why I've called you in. The Fuhrer is giving you command of U-30. She is a type VIIA U-Boat, and has been put through her paces. You will take command, and be ready to use as necessary."

I was uneasy. I knew these boats were being built in violation of the Treaty of Versailles, but I didn't know what the long term plan was. However, this is what I had trained for, and was ready to do my duty.

I began training my crew. They were young and inexperienced, but eager to learn. They took to training well, and it didn't take long before I felt they were ready to patrol, if required. (There are 4 levels of crew experience; green, trained, veteran, and elite. My crew is starting the game trained.)
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote