View Single Post
Old 04-03-2016, 02:54 PM   #16
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Recruiting! This should be very interesting. Next season we will have a total of six players on our roster after graduations. Two of those six players are guys I hope I never have to play. So we will have a LOT to work with. In fact, we have 8 scholarships to give out this year. I will probably give out a maximum of 6, but I will not be afraid to hold over the scholarships if I can't find players that I think are worth my time. I'd like to develop a rotation where we are never recruiting more than 3 or 4 players at a time. So the goal this season will be two JC transfers and four high schoolers. Where do we need them? Omitting the two useless players, we have:

1960 Roster composition:
1 PF
2 SF
1 PG

So we'll need two Centers, one Power Forward, two Shooting Guards, and one Point Guard at a minimum. I'll go with this as my target:

2 Centers (1 JuCo)
1 Power Forward (1 JuCo)
2 Shooting Guards (1 JuCo)
1 Point Guard

Getting three JC's in will give us 5 juniors next year, which is a bit much...but one of them is a non-scholarship player anyway, so with 4 scholarships graduating in 1961 we won't be overloaded with turnover again. That also means we have 3 sophomores and 4 freshman for 1960, so a nice balance.

Now how does the recruiting situation look? Well, we've got the bare minimum of $10k per month, and it looks like we somehow have a plethora of recruits who are chomping at the bit to become Blue Raiders. Four *** recruits are Very High in interest in us, one as high as #131 in the country, and another four ** recruits. Of the three star guys, we have two PG's (one academically ineligible thus far), one PF, and one C. We'll scout all of them and throw them on the call list - with our limited budget, crap prestige and terrible recruiting ratings on our coaches, we are pretty much only in on guys if they are interested in us right away. As soon as their interest wanes or someone more interesting comes along, we're going to have to bail. Which means scouting EVERYONE is going to be the name of the game. Cast the net wide, try to find something useful. That being said, we're also going to throw scholarship offers around like they're candy. We have 8 to play with, and I only intend to use 6, so we will bludgeon potential recruits with them, get in early and try to build a lead before anything else happens. All of the Very High *** recruits are getting an offer (except the ineligible one) immediately, sight unseen. It won't take much to be an improvement over what is on our roster next season because there is almost literally nothing on our roster next season.

Holy crap does $10,000 run out quickly. Wow. This is going to be...difficult.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote