View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 10:17 AM   #4817
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Oh, I know.

I realize that people paying attention to this thread are probably aware of my disdain for Trump as a candidate, so it's probably worth noting at this point that I've pretty much reached "acceptance" with regard to HRC being our next President. And as a result, I'm only in if the rest of the way for the entertainment value, and as such, I think I am "rooting" for Trump to be the nominee at this point. I tend to lean toward that being the most entertaining possibility, other than the "best of both worlds" scenario of him getting overturned at a contested convention and then deciding to run as a third-party candidate. In that scenario, we get to see the epic meltdowns (of both him and his supporters) that result from the former, AND we get to witness the months-long spectacle of him railing against both Crooked Hillary *and* Lyin' Ted that come from the latter.

I find myself pulling for Trump for the same reason, pure entertainment. I can accept Hilary as president, I will likely vote for Gary Johnson and maybe he will reach some number that actually puts the Libertarians into play for debate time, and Trump would be so fun to watch. The problem for both of us is what if Trump somehow wins? Way too scary to think about. I know Cruz would lose a general election, not sure about Trump.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote