View Single Post
Old 04-28-2016, 03:09 PM   #1
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Galactic Dreams(Stellaris, Interactive/Community)

Greetings, fellow space travelers! Hop aboard for what promises to be an eventful journey of discovery in the Stellaris Galaxy, which has been described as 'ancient and full of wonders'*. Who among you has the courage to help lead us on this momentous quest?

*Paradox Vision Statement

Pre-order trailer if interested is here: Stellaris - "Tour of the Galaxy" Pre-order Trailer - YouTube

** Note: Anyone posting spoilers in this thread will suffer a fate worse than death. You have been warned.

FUIQ(Frequently Unasked and/or Irrelevant Queries)

Q: What is this?
A: Stellaris is the upcoming 4x/grand strategy game from Paradox Interactive, using the same Clausewitz engine from CK II, EU IV, etc. This will be an interactive dynasty, with the major decisions being made not by me but by the community. My role will be that of the beauracracy implementing the decisions made and reporting back with the results, new situations as they develop, and so on. I hope many of you will choose to join this journey as 'leaders'.

Q: When do we get started?
A: Stellaris is set to be released on May 9th, and we should be rolling by a day or two afterwards. For the next week I'm going to put one aspect of setup up for discussion, feedback, and vote each day. By next Thursday we'll be done with all of it and be ready to take official sign-ups, leaving plenty of time for anyone who can't be on the forums the first weekend in May to put their two cents in on everything.

Q: If the game isn't released yet, how do you know how things will work?
A: There are some things that I won't know until I get it, but the basics have been announced. I've double-checked my computer specs which are well above the recommended so there should be no fatal technical issues, and I'll be regularly backing up the game save on a thumb drive. The developers have been doing a weekly gameplay stream, so the basics of setting up a custom empire, fundamentals of gameplay mechanics, are pretty much out there. It follows a humorous fungal race known as the Blorg, youtube link starts here: Stellaris - All hail Blorg, Space Friends #01 - YouTube

Q: How quickly will the game progress?
A: I plan to play through one year per real-life day. I've found a gradual, structured progression to work well for me, as in the Rocking Rackets and XCOM projects I've done. As with the XCOM dynasty, there will be pauses and interruptions when needed for those who have characters in the game to make decisions. In most cases though, I should be able to set up policies for people to decide on that will govern what happens -- this will keep things from getting bogged down too much. Most of this has already been worked out, and will be revealed in due time.

Active Characters(As of May 10, 12:37 PM EST)

The following fearless, peerless leaders have chosen to represent our great society.

Inquistor Roe Laren(chesapeake)

Role: Head of State
Skill: ****
Trait(s): Warlike(-10% Ship cost, -20% Army cost), Deep Connections(+1.0 monthly influence)
Orders: Encourage Free Thought(Imperial Edict, -1 influence per month, +10% research speed, +15% ethical divergence), emphasize exploration with a new science ship ASAP, military spending minimized

Governor JIMGA(JonInMiddleGA)

Role: Governor, Humboldt
Skill: *
Trait(s): Iron Fist(+15% Slave Output, minerals and food)
Location: Same as Inquisitor Laren, though in a different part of the capital
Orders: Increase development on mineral resources, no development of food reserves presently needed

Dr. Aslik Deesh(AnalBumCover)

Role: Survey Captain, OSC Laggasch
Trait(s): Resilient(+25-year lifespan)
Orders: Survey Solaris Troutentis system

Dr. Frank Justyce(mrkilla22)

Role: Research Director, Physics Dept.
Trait(s): Spark of Genius(+10% Research Speed)
Orders: Research Orbital Energy Conversion

Dr. David Corperial(DavidCorperial)

Role: Research Director, Society Dept.
Trait(s): Resilient(+25 years lifespan)
Orders: Research New Worlds Protocol

Dr. Coffee Warlord(Coffee Warlord)

Role: Research Director, Engineering Dept.
Trait(s): Adaptable(+15% leader experience)
Orders: Research Ion Thrusters

Adm. SirFozzie(SirFozzie)

Role: Commander, 1st Nautilus Squadron
Trait(s): Trickster(+10% Evasion, -25% Emergency FTL Damage)
Orders: Requesting interceptor-style corvette fleet assets. Otherwhise maintaining readiness.
Total Command: 3 Sschlurga-class striker corvettes

Gen. Eola Eusrim(muns)

Role: Commander, Humboldt Ground Forces
Traits(s): Glory Seeker(+10% Army morale, +10% Army damage)
Orders: Prioritize new defense armies somewhat over assault armies
Total Command: 1 Defense Army, 4 Garrisons

Waiting List

None yet. A Survey Captain is expected to be needed soon.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 05-10-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote