View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 09:29 AM   #2608
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
It appears they've ramped up the pacing quite a bit this season (so far). The other side to that is that the showrunners feel they've done enough narrative and character development over 5 seasons and don't really feel like they need to do anymore.

On the other hand, they are now allocating time to flashbacks (new one in the promo as well). I sure hope thatīs leading somewhere important for it to be worth the screen time when there is already so little time for the individual stories.

I do like the format and the "snapshot" nature of the show that allows you/demands of you to connect the dots yourself, but i kinda feel itīs now stretched to the very limit.

I also hope we donīt get treated to captured-and-tortured-Jamie again. Been there, done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

Also there does seem to be a criminal waste of Tyrion and Varys in Meereen, because, as far as we know, nothing is really going on in Meereen, aside from burning the ships, so Tyrion and Varys are sitting around doing nothing, when you'd think they'd have to put down an open revolt, right? That'd actually be really interesting.

you mean the invisible guerilla-style revolt by ? Not sure how they go from here story wise (and the little news flash about the other cities going back to slavery makes it even more weird). I mean, whatīs next for Daenerys ? Do this whole song and dance again ? Or take over the Dothraki after all and lead them to Westeros (against the screams of Varys, who would probably get hysterical at that idea) ? With what ships ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-02-2016 at 09:35 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote