View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 12:28 PM   #2610
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
The Arya plotline is an example of this... that Arya is now blind thing seems like a waste. You get beaten twice and then pass the easiest test ever and then you are in?

This is pretty standard training material for future bad assery. I think the implication was that she had been beaten more than twice. It tracks relatively closely to the books more or less. I find Arya a perfectly fully developed character at this point. It's now a process of getting her to where she needs to be physically and skillwise, me thinks.

Quote:
Also there does seem to be a criminal waste of Tyrion and Varys in Meereen, because, as far as we know, nothing is really going on in Meereen, aside from burning the ships, so Tyrion and Varys are sitting around doing nothing, when you'd think they'd have to put down an open revolt, right? That'd actually be really interesting.

After the criminal waste of Tyrion in "Dance", I'll gladly take him and Varys in Meereen. The few scenes last night - Tyrion in the throne room and with the dragons - are already waaaay better than anything, ANYTHING, Tyrion did in Book 6.

As for Varys, again, he's been put to much better use in the show than books 4-5 for reasons that are obvious to those who have read them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I also hope we donīt get treated to captured-and-tortured-Jamie again. Been there, done that.

I don't think that's going to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
On the other hand, they are now allocating time to flashbacks (new one in the promo as well). I sure hope thatīs leading somewhere important for it to be worth the screen time when there is already so little time for the individual stories.

There is a ton of great flashback type scenes in the books. They are told either through dreams, stories, or some other method. They add a lot to history and back story of what happened before the series began and a lot of that is very relevant to things happening now.

Quote:
Well they kind of have to flashback to the Tower of Joy (which they'll show next week) to get at Jon's lineage, mostly because that was all in Ned's head in the 1st book, but never stated out loud in the show.

That could be my single favorite scene in the entire series.

Last night was a great episode. They are really churning through characters this season: Doran Martel, Areo Hotah, Trystane, Roose Bolton, Balon Greyjoy...

We also had not one, but two, characters get slammed and smooshed into walls, almost back-to-back, by very large and strong "peoples".
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote