View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 12:39 AM   #2631
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am by and large positive and enthusiastic for the direction the show is going in many of these storyline, but there are two inconsistencies in the show that bug me a little right now.

1. Dorne-- okay, I get it, Ellaria Sand and her Snakes are badass and have killed off Doran and his dumbass heir and presumably have taken over for the immediate future. Am.I supposed to believe that the assembled noble houses of Dorne, whose power have largely been unaffected by the wars up north to this point, will just sit idly by while a bastard(ess) consort of Prince Oberon kills their liege lord and runs the realm?

2. The Tyrells-- Mace is on the longest trip to Braavos ever and Margaery and Loras are in the High Septon's cells. So the second richest and most powerful house in the land, led by the resourceful Queen of Thorns, does nothing at all while their royal queen and kin sit in a grungy cell in Kings Landing? Shouldn't there be a Tyrell army marching on Kings Landing at the moment, and enormous pressure being applied to King Tommen to go rescue them?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote