View Single Post
Old 05-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #769
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

He heads to a side passage, that heads to a new direction, to the human/humanoid section of the area

Again Alzar slips and sneaks about, he makes both the move silently and hide in shadows stuff, keeping his fodder behind him until he has searched a room He disarms a trap on the way in, made of poisoned spikes.

Using Scrying, Alzar sees 10 ogres, about 15 humans, and a variety of less powerful humanoids like goblins and bugbears. They have a small section of the level under their control, with beds, defenders, guards stationed, and more, and there appears to be a hill giant here leading them. Again, they have one central mess area they use, with other living rooms off it, and thus can easily fight with everything (I am making some changes here to make smaller numbers of battles with more opponents)

This time, Alzar is going to use the enchantment spells in his repertoire.

His fodder heads in to distract some guards, and then as they move about, he slides in from another angle and casts Mass Domination and …11 humans, and 3 ogres, and most of the other humanoids fail their saves and are now his. He uses them to kill the ones that aren’t his. They fall afoul o f theogres hard, and many of them die. Alzar then uses the remainder to grab their stuff an show him where their goods are.

Alzar procures:

2 potions of Sweet Water

6000 gp in coins and gems combined

He casts the Priest Aniamte Dead spell, animates another slate of zombies. Then they head to the far side of this area (in here is a well room, storae rooms made into bedrooms, stuff like that)

There is just one room past their section of note:

As Alzar and his retinue enter this large room, a beautiful gold statue of a naked woman is before. She holds a flower of silver in her hand, as if offering it to Alzar. It detects as magical. Alzar has a zombie head in. As he does, the statue animates, and there was an illusion here (Alzar is immune to lower level illusion, but this was the 7th level spell programmed illusion) and the statue is revealed in its full form as the avatar of Atzantoetl. It strikes with the power of its weapon and slays the zombie

The statue is not moving, it’s just there attacking. It flings it’s sword at an ogre, the only one left, and slays it in one hit. It’s immune to hits from the nonmagical creatures Alzar has. Alzar is using his short bow.

6 vs 4

It slays a bugbear. Alzar hits for 18 damage from his many missiles. (Hasp of reloading, and natural skill with short bow).

6 vs 7

Alzar doles out 14, and it hits for a dead bugbear.

3 vs 1

It slays a human. Alzar hits for 22.

6 vs 2

It slays another human. Alzar kills it

Dead statue.

It leaves behind a statue here worth 10000 gp and is deanimated and demagicaked.

Alzar will shrink and take it

In here is a secret cache that Alzar finds, disarms, picks, and opens.

Alzar finds:

Cursed Gem – Black Opal, 3000 gp, Anyone who owns this will lose XP instead of gaining it.

Blessed Gem Pouch – 700 gp spinel, 100 gp rhodochrosite, 95 gp jet, 2000 gp emerald, 500 gp ruby, 4x 20 gp hematite, 2000 gp alexandrite – 300 g Amber – total gp value of gems – 5745 gp. For each day Alzar has the Gem Pouch and these specific gems, gains an equal amount of XP equal to their value – 5745 XP. However, after being separated for a day, the owner loses 2x that amount daily.

He casts Remove Curse on the Cursed Gem and secures it for later usage, but that Blessed Gem Pouch is amazingly good. You can’t add gems to it, or take them out, to add to its magic, but that’s a guaranteed 2,096,925 million XP a year. 40215 XP a week. I have no idea why that item was made. But I’m not making that up – room W529, Greyhawk Ruins supplement. I did reduce the XP/GP amount in the bag a bit. How about instead I make it a weekly XP gain? That way it’s just 298,740 a year.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote