View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 08:20 PM   #62
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
so which is it? Do you have a personal troll or does everyone on the left hate you and your ideas?

I hope you can see how turning one posters comments into a general statement about all posters (on the left) is absurd and foolish (despite being typical of what is happening all over).

I think your analysis and ideas are good and I am grateful for your political contributions. If anything, I respect you less because of your tv show preferences

I think I only have one troll here. Certainly the board (from the political polls) leans more left than average, but most of you can separate ideology from personal stuff. There is far too much identity politics these days, though.

But it is a left thing these days to try and shout down dissent with racist accusations (and ironic that my reasons for not respecting the Alamuddin family are reports of racism - in other words, I completely agree that race is a poor excuse to dislike someone). So I was quick to jump on Cuervo because it was what I expected when I posted that I just didn't agree with Pilot's assertion that her family was respectable. Apologies if you are on the left and felt Cuervo shouldn't have done that and thus I am tarring you with too broad a brush. I was "setting a trap," so to speak, to make a point. Not always the best course of action, but I'm hardly perfect myself.

And WTF? The Facts of Life is an underrated classic.

Last edited by Solecismic : 05-31-2016 at 12:49 AM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote