View Single Post
Old 06-17-2016, 10:00 AM   #15
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

This is hard for me.
I am distrusting of LEO as a rule because of where I live and my life experiences.

I agree the boy COULD have handled this differently and a different outcome would have happened. However my larger argument is he should not have HAD to handle it differently. The cop performed an illegal stop based on a personal vendetta, then he lied and tried to cover it up later.

I teach my kids, comply and live to fight another day. But when these issues arise I think we need to make it as public as possible as this is the road that leads to a police state.

Watch the video where the cop say "Ok fuck it" And leans against his car with one arm while he tasers him.

Then when the second officer says "We should update the ambulance to emergency response" The initial officer says he called it in emergency. When in fact he did not.

The initial officer tells other officers at various points in that video that:
The kid walked to the drop spot
The kid was talking ate the tasing
The kid was awake and nodding after the tasing

This is the type of shit that without exposure gets swept under the rug.
While the consequences aren't nearly as severe, I could argue the transgression and intent was worse in this case than the Michael Brown case. Never saw that officer laugh at the victim.

And while I hate to state it because it will derail the thread, if the kid was black the city would have burned on that verdict.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote