View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 10:27 AM   #3070
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I think the whole argument about how force X moved from point Y to point Z in 1 episode..... well.... how do we know how long has passed from one episode to the next in one story segment? It's easy to think that each plot is progressing on the fly, but I remember reading War of the Worlds in High School and wondering how it took the military three days to realize an invasion had taken place in England. You know why? It was a different time. Maybe it took Snow weeks to reach Winterfell, and weeks for the Vale to reach the battlescene? Of all the unrealistic things to happen in Game of Thrones, it's one of the easiest to explain.

Not sure if this is trying to address one of the points I raised above, if so, that's not what I was complaining about. I have no problem at all about how long it takes to get from Point A to Point B. In order for the show to work certain people or armies need to be at certain places at certain times. I get that. I zero problem with this.

I wasn't at all complaining about how fast the army moved or how long it took or anything like that. I was merely pointing out that given when the Vale army arrived, they would have easily been able to let Jon know that they were coming long before the battle started. That's it.

One explanation could be that Littlefinger didn't want Jon to know. That he specifically told his people not to ride ahead in order to give his army the ultimate advantage or something. I guess I could live with that explanation. He's sneaky like that.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 06-20-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote