View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 11:26 AM   #378
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Policies can be changed free of charge. Once changed though, they can't be changed again for 10 years.

Not that I'm aware of. Habitability would be a concern as the Shantari like much different environments. I think they would be very unlikely to voluntarily migrate to our planets for that reason(they are an Arid race, we like Ocean environments). I also don't think slaves can migrate in general -- they're slaves, and only free citizens so far as I know can do that.

Allow full migration. The Shantari won't be the only lesser species that will be allowed to serve the true children of Boojie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
The Kroll have the same ocean-climate preference as we do. Three of their four planets are ocean worlds, the fourth probably is as well. We have limited knowledge of their systems so we don't know the answer to some of these questions -- they are beyond our scanner range. There is one smallish arctic planet we could colonize(size 13) but nothing to get excited about. The biggest value would likely be the Kroll planets themselves. Also, as a 'strong' species they would make better soldiers and miners than the Architreuthis do.

In terms of striking when they are directly engaged, that's something we would have to guess at. Barring somebody being willing to give us an Active Sensor Link treaty, which is highly unlikely, we would have to guess at it. We could go with a specific date like the 12-month plan, or alternatively wait for the borders to start changing(by which time they would probably already have the upper hand).

Edit: Complicating this matter further is that unless they are not using hyperdrive as their FTL travel method of choice, they won't even be able to reach Ul-Tur space. Doing so would require going through Hakibori territory due to the need to cross dark space into the inner galactic arm.

Much to think about. We MAY have a great opportunity here to liberate some prime worlds from the clutches of a lesser species; but, we have little way of knowing whether the war that has been declared can even result in any fighting or if it is simply a trap to try and trick us into attacking into a prepared confederation. What thoughts do other leaders have?
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote