View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 04:07 PM   #394
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

The fleet will prepare for your arrival then. I predict you'll live it through it though. You may be 73, but we only have two leaders right now younger than you. I don't spend a lot of time on the official0 forums lately, but it seems from what I've seen and a few comments I've read that there may be a bug causing leaders to live longer than they are supposed to. Error in your favor, perhaps. You've still a full decade yet before you reach JIMGA's expiration date.

2244(Conclusion)

2244.09.01 -- The Tuggam colony, first of two in the Haribas system, is now operational. Another ship will be built to settle the second, at which time we will re-evaluate. Spaceport construction begins immediately as there is no other fleet presence nearby.

11.28 -- Debris analysis results in a minor advance in Red Crystal Capacitors.

12.12 -- First contact with the Uthonian Star Coaliton.

They hate everyone intensely. That's not an exaggeration. Their philosophy is 'Fanatical Purifiers', they are fanatic xenophobes(hate everybody) and basically won't ever have diplomacy with anyone. They are on the other side of the Thar'Biq and are a non-concern right now as a result. Their fleet is a joke according to initial reports, but like most of the rest of the galaxy they have similar technology to us.

12.15 -- Bakangi is the first planet to finish the planetary capital. The world's lone biolab will be upgrade, and in the process become the only one in the empire so far to reach the most modern standard.

2245.01.02 -- Cold Fusion Power research is completed. That means it's time for another round of fleet upgrades. This will mean the same thing it usually does -- more power available for stronger shields and/or more armor.

Research Director's Briefing: Dr. Frank Justyce

** Applied Quantam Physics(Computing, 37 mo.) -- Unlocks Physics Lab II, an upgrade to the standard Physics Labs, the provincial building that contributes to this department.
** Planetary Power Grid(Industry, 37 mo.) -- Energy storage maximum increased by 500(currently 3750). Unlocks the building Power Hub II. This upgrade increases all energy production of a planet by 15%(the current Power Hub I does the same by 10%).
** Database Uplinks(Computing, 37 mo.) -- Unlocks the Assist Research mission for survey scientists, which increases research output of a planet by 5% per skill level of the scientist(25% for a maxed-out survey captain). Survey activities are still ongoing, but there will come a time when that gravy train ends ...
** Red Crystal Capacitors(Particles, 65/74 mo.) -- Unlocks the Red Shard Thrower weapons system. This has 50% armor penetration and is a tiny bit more potent than any weapons systems we have(1.4% more damage than the coilguns that have no armor penetration ability). The drawback is that it only has half the range, though this is only important during the opening days of a battle.
** Active Countermeasures(Computing, 1/15 mo.) -- Sentinel Point Defense weapons system.
** Blue Crystal Capacitors(Particles, 11/15 mo.) -- Similar characteristics to the Red versions, only not nearly as effective. These are not an upgrade over our currently developed technology in any way -- if we want armor penetration we can put lasers on a ship that do more damage at greater range and accuracy.

Still lots of choices for the Physics Dept. Dr. Frank Justyce, you are on the clock.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 06-26-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote