View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #430
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

** Note: We are now on version 1.21. This is a hotfix that shouldn't result in any major changes.

2250, Part I
The War Ends

2250.03.06 -- Ground invasion of Vi Talas commences. This should wrap up our war with the Kroll.

03.13 -- First contact with the Fevarian Confederacy. They are really, really far away from us.

The lone splotch of territory in the lower left. Don't have to worry about them for quite some time.

03.17 -- Planetary Capital finished on Agglor. Upgrading a pair of Biolabs is the next order of business.

05.01 -- Vi Talas surrenders, and Eusrim is up to *** skill. It looks like we've done just enough to end the war. Automatic surrrender happens at 100 warscore(to prevent anyone from refusing to give up no matter what and making the war infinite), so we aren't quite there but we've done just enough it appears.

05.03 -- The Kroll Star Commonwealth accepts our terms officially. They agree to surrender the three systems stipulated, giving us over half their territory and leaving them with just one planet.

We never did fight a Djomar fleet. My best guess on why is that they had been hurt by the war with the Ul'Tur. Two factors in favor of this are their wormhole technology(they could reach Ul'Tur space, the Kroll most likely could not, leaving the Djomar to essentially attack alone) and I did spot a pair of destroyers and a few corvettes in one of their systems. We found a wormhole station of theirs and some construction/science ships in Kroll space, but no combat ships. Either they were crappy allies, or more likely they had not yet been able to rebuild their fleet to sufficient numbers to render notable aid.

It was a very successful war -- profitable, quick, and with minimal losses. Both navy and army proved themselves. We now have new slaves, and new decisions to make.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote