View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 12:22 AM   #433
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok. This is my thoughts and current plans for a breakdown. I invite all discussion.

We've run into nothing but corvette-class ships so far. That's both a good thing (one of our ships is likely bigger, better armored, with better weapons), and a bad thing (Bigger ships can have a hard time dealing with swarms of smaller ships). We need a variety of roles. The carrier type is not there yet, I think, but will probably be an option in the future.

Amount: Equal Numbers to Destroyers and Corvettes.

Classes:

Ship Class One: Arziban class

This class is designed to get in to weapon range, maintain it, and focus fire on larger targets while absorbing the enemy's fire. We will be using the Red Shard Throwers as a primary weapon. This class is not as good close in, so I have chosen no small weapons platforms for this one.

Breaker Section: Chain (2 Medium Red Shard Throwers)
Core Section: Punisher (1 Large, 1 Medium Red Shard Thrower)
Bulwark: Protector (1 Medium Red Shard Thrower)

Computer: Basic Bombardment. This gives better range, and better rate of fire, two things that the Red Shard Throwers lack.

Ship Class Two: Selubian-Class

This is the opposite of the Arziban. It is meant to get close in, and rip opponents apart with lasers.

Breaker: Screen: 2 Small, 1 Medium Laser
Middle: Wrath 2 Small, 2 Medium Laser
Bulwawrk: Guardian 2 Small Lasers
Computer: Basic Attack. Evasion is good, it needs to get in close. The bonus to sublight speed will help it get into battle faster.

Third and Final Definite Class: Norgites Class

This is a Jack of All Trades. We're going with Coil Guns, and a mix of large and small weapons. It will not have the close in ripping power of the Norgites class, nor the stand off ability and red shard thrower ability of the Arziban class. But it can fight pretty effectively in a variety of roles, depending on the needs of the Fleet.

Breaker: Guard (Large Coilgun)
Core: Punisher (Large and Medium Coilgun)
Bulwark: Guardian (2 small Coilguns)

Computer: Basic Bombardment.

Again, it's not great at any one thing, but it's a core generalist.

Proposed Future Cruiser Class: Zhox Class.

This is not ready for prime time yet, the technology isn't there to support it, nor do our enemies have forces at this time it would be good at, so all it is a proposed class for future use by my successor, or to put into play when we come across a race using strike craft or the technology for strike craft improves.

Breaker: Guard Class (1 Large Mining Laser)
Core: Spectral (2 Small Red Shard Throwers, 1 Strike Wing)
Bulwark: Protector 1 Medium Coilgun

Computer: Basic Bombardment:

It's a stand off fighter, the Shard Throwers are only for use in short range (which is why I decided not to bring this class into production right now, as the Strike Craft and Small Weapons probably do not stand up to the damage potential of our other classes.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 07-02-2016 at 12:23 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote