View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 02:51 AM   #2431
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Didn't the same statement also have a bit about how (paraphrasing) he hardly ever gets out in the neighborhood? That led me to believe he wasn't necessarily a familiar sight to his neighbors; i.e. an unidentified stranger.

And those can get a call to the cops on a not infrequent basis everywhere I've lived, regardless of race.
Yep, that's how I read it. If there's anyone wandering in circles in any neighborhood I live in at twilight/dark I'm not going to call the cops but I'm certainly going to side eye them and maybe throw a heavily innuendo'd "Can I help you?" their way. And if the neighborhood is as white/racist as he implies I'd have to imagine the neighbors had picked up on him living there in the 5 years.

So (assuming this random internet comment is true), you end up in this spot where he thinks he's been racially profiled by his neighbor's. Which might very well have happened, but as far as I can tell it's just as likely that his own biases are projecting motives on a race neutral action. And unfortunately outside of the extremely local level I just don't know how you can convince someone who thinks people are silently judging them every time they walk around their neighborhood that they're wrong.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote