View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 09:42 AM   #649
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Same here, although to be fair, many of the "very lukewarm Trump maybe" voters that I know already couldn't stand Cruz either. They were very firmly Kasich/Rubio supporters.

And that said, I'm still in the place of not seeing how the party can remain one. Remove Trump, and there's still a pretty big split there. If the Dems could refrain from running someone as easily vilified as HRC, it seems to me that a Cruz type would have a hard time getting the Rubio/Kasich type supporters to show up, and vice versa for a Rubio/Kasich type with the Cruz type supporters.

Agreed.

Looking back, I wish Rubio had Jeb Bush's coffers to help prepare him for prime time. Which just goes to prove he was a bit green for this election cycle. We may not see him again, but if he can come back more polished, it would make me feel better about a unified GOP push. As of now. This is basically like the racing world craziness of the 90's.

There once was balance between NASCAR and IRL. Then the IRL split into two and one league finally folded and the other is a shell of its former self and NASCAR dominates.

Political schisms seem healthy but ultimately I guess it leads to a monopoly...which is very very bad in the long run.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote