View Single Post
Old 08-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #503
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I'll start off with internal matters here. First of course we must hear from the Society Dept.

Research Director's Briefing: Dr. David Corperial

** Volcano Removal(New Worlds, 11 mo.) -- Volcanoes are the one obstacle still plaguing our 'four core' worlds(not counting Gabbog, which is Arctic not Ocean and still early in development). There is one on Bakangi, two on Eskogg that could be cleared with this advance.
** Galactic Administration(Statecraft, 37 mo.) -- A big, and costly, development. Monthly influence is increased by 1; the Imperial Capital building is unlocked(final planetary government upgrade beyond Planetary Capital, with increased bonuses that would make Humboldt able to build things no other planet in the empire could get and out-produce any other similar planet as well); and Advanced Government Forms, a new tier of governments, would be unlocked as well. For a very sizable influence cost(250 influence, about five years' worth) we would be able to upgrade from Theocratic Oligarchy to ... whatever. Presumably the new options would be significantly better than what we presently have.
** Xeno Integration(Biology, 27 mo.) -- Unlocks the ability to have aliens serve as leaders in our empire. I'm pretty sure I know what the reaction would be to even considering this from the Collective, but it's still here as an option. More of a Xenophile-type thing.
** Amoeba Breeding Program(Biology, 11/55 mo.) -- Still here if we want it.

Dr. David Corperial, you are on the clock.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote