View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #513
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Research Director's Briefing: Dr. David Corperial

I waited longer than usual in this case in order to knock out two more research choices at once. You've got some saved up now so the required time will be about four months less than what is listed here.

** Noxious Swamp Removal(New Worlds, 10 mo.)
** Dense Jungle Removal(New Worlds, 10 mo.) -- To my knowledge we have not yet run into either of these, they are more a tropical/jungle world thing and we don't have the ability to colonize those yet.
** Secrets of Life(Biology, 66 mo.) -- Biolabs III & IV are unlocked, allowing increased investment in Society research.
** Amoeba Breeding Program(Biology, 10/51 mo.)

Dr. David Corperial, you know what to do.

Research Director's Briefing: Dr. Coffee Warlord

** Robotic Workers(Industry, 14 mo.) -- I wondered if they'd show up again, having been passed over some decades ago. Robots are constructed population units that are better than we are at mining(+10%), and good for worlds that are not particularly habitable as they don't suffer happiness penalties. They aren't actually better than slaves at mining ... but better developments might be available if this is determined worth investing in.
** Battleships(Voidcraft, 84 mo.) -- The latest development in the trend of MAKE THEM BIGGER!! Unlocks the next level of spaceport, the batteships themselves, and adds 2k to our 14k max. of mineral storage.
** Superfluid Materials(Industry, 84 mo.) -- Unlocks Engineering Facilities level III & IV, allowing for greater investment in Engineering via planetary research structures.
** Nuclear Missiles(Rocketry, 0/7 mo.)
** Space Torpedoes(Rocketry, 10/27 mo.)
** Autocannons(Materials, 3/27 mo.)

Dr. Coffee Warlord, you are on the clock. This could possibly be your toughest choice yet: it's certainly one with considerable ramifications. The path is yours to set.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote