View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 04:45 PM   #2866
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
You can blame the prosecutor for doing a crappy job if the jury rules her innocent I guess.

I would expect the accusations more to be along the lines that the prosecutor rigged it to lose on purpose.

And it's going to be a tough case and far from a slam dunk. It's still important to bring though, if the prosecutor sincerely believes the law and facts are on his or her side, and this isn't just motivated by some goal outside the evidence and law.

In my prosecuting days, the very hardest cases were the misdemeanor domestic batteries. No injuries, many uncooperative victims, but situations that were clearly leading down a path to more violence. There were a good number of acquittals, and lots of pleas to lower charges. I felt they were all righteous cases to take, but I'm glad nobody accused us of rigging cases. Plenty of police officers didn't like when we pled cases down or dismissed them, but that was our call and not theirs and they knew better than to give us shit about it. I think people would be surprised by the amount of in-fighting and disagreements among these agencies in law enforcement.

Last edited by molson : 09-22-2016 at 04:53 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote