BYU 14
Coordinator

TV Show – Wrestling from Florida
Monday week 3 – February, 1983
Tampa, FLA
Attendance: 5,000 (sell out)
Rating: 0.39 (299,970 viewers)

Pre Show
No Pre-show activity this week as we prepare for the big February card.

Main Show
In a superb match, Kevin Sullivan defeated Mike Rotundo in 7:52 by pinfall with a Double Stomp, after rubbing a mysterious substance in his eyes. (May have wasted this match in the leadoff spot)
Performance: Sullivan B, Rotundo C
Rating: B-

Kevin Sullivan joins Gordon Solie in the interview area and talks about his upcoming war with Dusty Rhodes. "Gawdon, it’s a fine line between the abyss of eternal damnation and light of world above ground. Dusty Rhodes, you wawk perilously on that line, and at Valentine’s Vendetta, the wicked one, will pull you into the dawk for all eternity."
Rating: B

In a bout that had good heat and decent wrestling, Magnum T.A. drew with Jake Roberts in 11:57 following a double disqualification. During the match we also saw Kevin Sullivan run in and attack Magnum T.A., and Dusty Rhodes also attack Roberts as the bell was called for with all four men brawling violently.
Performance: Magnum C, Thornton D+
Rating: C+

Black Bart to the ring and challenges Barry Windham, "Windham, you don’t know when to leave well enough alone son, you think you gotta stick yer nose into yer daddies business, well I’m taking it upon myself to stick my foot where the sun don’t shine and if I can’t kick yer yella hide, I’ll leave Florida Championship wrestling tomorrow!"
Rating: D

As Bart stands in the ring, Barry Windham strolls out, grabs Solie’s microphone and makes it short and sweet. "Bart, you’re on! You want help packing now, or after I pin your shoulders to the mat." Windham smiles and walks to the back as the crowd gives him a nice ovation.
Rating: D

In an extremely short match, Sgt. Slaughter defeated Joe Lightfoot in 4:30 by pinfall, stomping a mud hole in him, then putting him away with a violent looking Gut Buster.
Performance: Slaughter B, Lightfoot D-
Rating: C-

As Slaughter walks to the back, barking orders at the crowd and ordering one out of shape man in a Peterbilt hat to drop and give him 20, as we transition into a video hyping Slaughter’s upcoming title defense against Ricky Steamboat at Valentine Vendetta.

In a bout that had great heat and good wrestling, Barry Windham defeated Black Bart in 9:38 by pinfall with a surprise roll up as James J Dillon tried vainly to distract the referee as Bart went to his trunks for a pair of brass knuckles. It looks like Black Bart’s time in CWF has come to an end.
Performance: Windham C+, Bart D+
Rating: C

As the show goes off the air the camera pans to Blackjack Mulligan, who has apparently been watching his son from the crowd the entire time, as he sits emotionless staring at Barry.

Show Rating: C+ (Lost popularity in the Southeast and gained it in the Midwest, as is becoming the norm)
Notes from the Booker:
  • Sullivan improvised well in his promo hyping the match with Rhodes at Valentine Vendetta
  • Jake Roberts was off his game and Eddie Graham thinks he was high again
  • Slaughter injured his shoulder in his squash of Lightfoot

Behind the Curtain:
  • Mike Graham again, this time he comes before the wrestler’s court for pissing and moaning and Solie sentences him to take a bottle of shut the hell up pills and buy drinks after the show for everyone. Miracle of miracles, Graham promises to improve his behavior.
  • On a good note, Dusty Rhodes is passing on tips to Barry Windham on how to improve his psychology.
  • Our locker room rating finally improves a bit, to 44%
  • Black Bart had given his notice pre-show as he says he is unhappy. Fine with me as he is negative (one of many) and hasn’t brought anything worthwhile to the table.
  • I fine Jake Roberts, but I am running out of options as Magnum TA is annoyed at his behavior now too.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote