View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 03:08 PM   #5008
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
This kind of shit is why I can never be a registered Democrat even though I tend to vote with them more often. So giving to a faith-based charity basically "doesn't count," but simply holding the opinion that other people who make more money than you should pay more in taxes makes you morally superior and enlightened.

Edit: If I wanted to donate to a secular homeless shelter in my town, I couldn't, that doesn't exist. There are a few associated with churches though - and you don't even have to go to any church services or get preached to to get help there. Should donations and volunteer time to that organization count when we're measuring one's generosity, or should it be excluded (as I often see done depending on who is measuring the generosity) because god and churches are generally icky? If this kind of stuff annoys me, who just voted about 90% Democrat, I can understand why so many people vote the way they do.

I get it, and it is an over reaction. BUT...saying Utah is the most charitable state should come with some caveats, in my opinion.

And, unlike many, I guess, I think baseball is a religion and my expenses should be considered charity, especially after that Giants season.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote